Grafton Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Grafton?
Tourist Attractions in and Around Grafton, New South Wales, Australia
Grafton is a beautiful city situated in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Australia, that boasts a rich history, culture, and natural beauty. Being the commercial and administrative center of the Clarence Valley, Grafton attracts many tourists every year. In this article, we will list and describe some of the popular tourist attractions in and around Grafton.
1. Washpool National Park - Located just thirty minutes away from Grafton, Washpool National Park is a stunning natural wonder that is well worth the trip. The park is home to several rare and endangered species of plants and animals and is a popular spot for camping, hiking, and birdwatching.
2. Yuraygir National Park - A perfect place for those who love nature, Yuraygir National Park is a coastal wonderland located about an hour and a half away from Grafton. The park boasts over 60km of pristine coastline, rivers, wetlands and rugged wilderness that is home to many native Australian animals. Visitors can take a long walk along the shore, take in the stunning scenery or go for a swim.
3. Nymboida National Park - Situated just north of Grafton, Nymboida National Park is another natural attraction in the area. It is famous for the Nymboida River which is known to be one of the best rivers to go white water rafting in Australia. The park is also great for camping, hiking, and birdwatching.
1. Grafton Regional Gallery - For those who love art and culture, Grafton Regional Gallery is a must-visit. The Gallery is situated in a beautiful heritage building that was once the School of Arts Institute. The gallery offers many exhibitions and events throughout the year, showcasing works of both local and international artists.
2. Schaeffer House Museum - This unique museum is located in the heart of Grafton, and it tells the story of the early settlers of Grafton. It is an excellent place for history enthusiasts to learn about the history of the city, its people, and the way of life in early colonial times.
3. Grafton Bridge - The Grafton Bridge is a historical landmark in the city that is worth a visit. The bridge boasts a unique design and is an excellent example of a 19th-century engineering marvel. Visitors can take a walk along the bridge and enjoy the stunning views of the Clarence River.
1. Grafton Aquatic Centre - Whether you want a place to cool off in the summer or let your kids enjoy some water fun, the Grafton Aquatic Centre is an excellent choice. The center has a large outdoor pool, a toddlers' pool, and a waterslide, making it a great spot for families.
2. Grafton Regional Library - If you're looking for indoor entertainment, the Grafton Regional Library is a great place to visit. The library has a large collection of books and resources for people of all ages, and they host regular events for children and adults, including storytime and book clubs.
3. Walks and Trails - Grafton offers several walking and cycling trails that are perfect for families. The popular paths include Susan Island Nature Walk, Grafton Heritage Trails and the 3-hour circuit from Banyabba to Junction Point.
There you have it, some of the most popular tourist attractions in and around Grafton that are worth exploring. Regardless of your interests, there is something for everyone in Grafton. From natural wonders, historical landmarks to family-friendly spots, Grafton has it all. If you're planning a trip to New South Wales, be sure to add Grafton to your list and experience all it has to offer.
Washpool National Park: Phone: 1300 072 757
Yuraygir National Park: Phone: (02) 6641 1500
Nymboida National Park: Phone: 1300 361 967
Grafton Regional Gallery: Phone: (02) 6642 3177
Schaeffer House Museum: Phone: (02) 6642 5212
Grafton Aquatic Centre: Phone: (02) 6642 4074
Grafton Regional Library: Phone: (02) 6641 0100
Grafton Tourism Articles