Grafton Community Events
Grafton, located in the northern region of New South Wales, has a variety of community events that are held regularly throughout the year. Some of the most popular events include:
- July Racing Carnival: Held annually in early July, this carnival is a major event for the town, with numerous horse races, fashion competitions, and other festivities.
- Grafton Show: This agricultural show brings together farmers, growers, and producers from the region to celebrate their achievements. Livestock exhibitions, competitions, and entertainment for all ages are featured.
- Jacaranda Festival: Held in late October and early November, the festival celebrates the town's famous Jacaranda trees. The event features a wide range of activities, including a street parade, food vendors, entertainment, and much more.
- Community Markets: The Grafton community regularly holds markets that feature local produce, crafts, and other goods. These markets are great for finding unique gifts or enjoying a day out with the family.
- Annual Bridge-to-Bridge Run: This fun run takes participants across the iconic Clarence River bridges, with options for both runners and walkers. The event typically takes place in September, and there are multiple courses to choose from.
These are just a few of the many community events that occur regularly in Grafton. The town is known for its strong sense of community, and there is always something going on that brings residents together.