Grafton Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Grafton Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing grafton.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Grafton for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Grafton?
Grafton Galleries and Museums
Grafton is a picturesque city located on the Clarence River in the beautiful North Coast region of New South Wales, Australia. The city is known for its stunning natural beauty, sprawling parks, and pristine beaches. However, that's not all this city has to offer. With a rich cultural and historical heritage, Grafton is home to many museums, galleries, and historical venues that attract visitors from all over the world.
1. Susan Island Art Gallery: Susan Island Art Gallery is one of the most popular galleries in Grafton. It showcases an eclectic collection of contemporary and traditional artworks by local and regional artists. The gallery is located on Prince Street, near the Clock Tower.
2. Headland Gallery: Headland Gallery is a modern and sleek art gallery located on River Street, near the Clarence River. It showcases an impressive collection of contemporary artworks, including paintings, sculptures, and mixed media. Visitors can also purchase artworks from the gallery's shop.
1. Schaeffer House Museum: Schaeffer House Museum is a well-maintained historic house that preserves the rich history of Grafton and the Clarence Valley. The museum features a collection of antique furniture, photographs, unique household items, and historical documents. It is located on Fitzroy Street, near the river.
2. Grafton Regional Gallery: Grafton Regional Gallery is a popular museum that showcases an extensive collection of artworks by local and international artists. The museum also conducts regular exhibitions, workshops, and events that cater to both adults and children. The gallery is located on Prince Street.
3. Clarence Valley Museum: Clarence Valley Museum is a small but informative museum that showcases the social and cultural history of Grafton and the Clarence Valley. The museum features diverse exhibitions, including the history of local industries such as sugar cane, logging, and dairying. It is located on Kent Street.
1. Christ Church Cathedral: Christ Church Cathedral is a historic Anglican cathedral located on Duke Street. The cathedral was built in the 19th century and features a stunning Gothic style architecture. Visitors can attend services or take a guided tour of the cathedral and learn about its rich history and significance to the local community.
2. Saraton Theatre: Saraton Theatre is a classic Art Deco-style theatre located on Prince Street. The theatre was built in the 1920s and is a significant landmark in the Grafton community. Visitors can watch classic movies, live performances, and enjoy gourmet snacks in the theatre's cafe.
3. Susan Island Nature Reserve: Susan Island Nature Reserve is a pristine natural reserve located on an island in the Clarence River. The reserve is home to diverse birdlife, including endangered species such as the osprey. Visitors can take a tour of the island, learn about its unique ecological systems, and enjoy stunning views of the river.
Grafton is a treasure trove of cultural and historical heritage. The city's galleries, museums, and historical venues offer visitors a glimpse into its rich and fascinating past. From contemporary art to antique furniture and architecture, Grafton has something to offer everyone who is interested in the arts, history, and culture. So, if you are planning a trip to the area, make sure you put these sights on your itinerary.
Grafton Galleries and Museums Articles